These are important recent events affecting Julia’s Cause for canonization:
- Aug. 4, 2016 – The Archbishop hired Dr. Waldery Hilgeman, J.U.D., to be Roman Postulator for the Cause.
- Aug. 6, 2016 – Archbishop Samuel Aquila asked the Congregation for the Causes of Saints for the decree nihil obstat
(nothing stands in the way) for opening Julia’s Cause. Julia is thereby entitled to be called Servant of God.
- Oct. 22, 2016 – The Congregation of Causes of Saints published its decree nihil obstat.
- Nov. 14, 2016 – The U.S. hierarchy endorsed Archbishop Aquila’s decision to open the Cause.
- Dec. 18, 2016 – Archbishop Aquila officially opened the Cause at Immaculate Conception Cathedral Basilica during the 8:30 Mass.
- Archdiocesan Chancellor David Uebbing is the local Vice Postulator of the Cause; Fr. Giovanni Capucci, the Archbishop’s Delegate; and Fr. Vincent Phung, the Promoter of Justice.